Monday, March 21, 2016

National California Strawberry Day and Monogram Dog Blanket

National California Strawberry Day


Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits, so I am always eager for strawberry season to begin.  Unfortunately, this means that I usually jump the gun and buy strawberries before they are really good and ripe.  Right now, I have a carton of strawberries in the fridge that I know will not be great, but I purchased them anyway because they were on sale and I couldn't resist.  Thankfully, I know to slice them and add some sugar before eating them so the taste will improve.  

The best strawberries come right from the garden.  Although I have a small garden plot in the city, I don't plant strawberries because there isn't enough space to produce a meaningful yield.  I'll rely on Farmer's Markets later this spring for the quality strawberries.

Monogram Dog Blanket - Now on Etsy!!




After the blanket panels were blocked and dried, I was ready to assemble Archie's new blanket.  I attached the panels using a single crochet stitch and also added a single crochet stitch border around the entire piece.  I've found that this attaching method is sturdier than many of the other standard methods and it produces a nice edge to each panel.




The size is nice and large for a dog blanket -- 32x44 -- and it's a warm, soft blanket.  It would be a great gift for any size dog.  Since it is fully customizable, it's a unique item that would be a treasured keepsake.









Archie is right at home on his new blanket.  Now, maybe he will stay off my blankets!  (Not a chance of that happening.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment