Wednesday, January 27, 2016

International Day of Commemoration of the Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust

International Day of Commemoration of the Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust

Auschwitz Liberation Day

Holocaust Memorial Day in the UK

As a child, I read Anne Frank's dairy.  I visited a concentration camp in Germany on a dark and dreary day in my teens.  When the Holocaust Museum opened in DC, I found it to be sobering and informative.  I hope that everyone takes advantage of the opportunities they receive to learn about such atrocities so that history does not repeat itself.  

Related to these commemorative days, today is also

Vietnam Peace Day

Rather than share stories, post recipes, link to Etsy, or describe my latest projects, today I decide to keep my thoughts brief.  I'll take some time for reflection and pray for peace.  I hope that you will do the same.  


No comments:

Post a Comment