Saturday, January 9, 2016

National Take the Stairs Day and HelloKitty Hat

National Take the Stairs Day

January is full of national days that focus on getting fit, keeping resolutions, and the like, so I wasn't surprised to learn that today is National Take the Stairs Day.  I live in a 3rd floor walk-up, so every day is the stairs day for me.  

HelloKitty Hat


Okay, I'm much more excited about my new HelloKitty Hat than National Take the Stairs Day.  After making the sheep hat earlier this week, I decided that I could adapt that pattern and make an adult-sized HelloKitty hat.  I love it!

I've been a big HelloKitty fan for decades and enjoy poking around the Sanrio store on Michigan and little shops in Chinatown to discover what new products have been created.  By now, I think that they've made just about anything you desire with a HelloKitty or other Sanrio character design.

One of my dream trips is to spend time in Japan (other than layovers at the Tokyo airport - been there, done that).  There are so many aspects of Japanese culture that I'd like to explore in addition to HelloKitty.  Of course, one could make a trip just filled with HelloKitty -- resorts, restaurants, hospital, airplanes -- the list goes on and on.

I wish some of these attractions would come to the US just in case I don't make it to Japan in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment