Saturday, February 6, 2016

Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day and Snowflakes

Snowflake Blanket - Completed!!

After Christmas, I used some of my Christmas money (yes, I'm old and receive Christmas money, which I very much appreciate and use for special treats for me and my dog) to buy a knitted blanket kit I had wanted for a while.  The pattern and yarn come from Mary Maxim, one of several online craft and yarn stores I order from depending on my needs.  Since leaving my corporate job, I have become much more selective with my orders, which is great because I only order what I really want and know I'll get to in a timely manner.  The stash is going down!

I love this blanket.  It's warm and snuggly, but not too heavy.  The different snowflakes pop and the textured sections in between the snowflakes add interest.  It matches Archie!  There was hardly any yarn left, so not too much to wrap into other projects.  

I did veer away from the pattern in two cases:  1) I attached the panels with a single crochet stitch instead of sewing together and 2) I single crocheted around the entire blanket to give it a small border.  These finishing touches helped make the blanket sturdier and gave it a more polished feel.

When I share big projects like this, I'm often asked if I sell blankets and afghans.  YES!!  Of course!  But . . . these are custom orders and they are expensive.  Pricing depends on the type of yarn selected, pattern difficulty, size of completed project, and estimated time to knit/crochet project.  These handcrafted custom orders are very special and make great gifts -- you just have to be ready for sticker shock and imagine how much time is put into a large item.  

Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day

I must admit that I didn't eat ice cream for breakfast today.  First, I didn't check out the holidays for today until this afternoon.  Second, I don't have any ice cream in the house.

I was cose, though.  I had my absolute favorite yoghurt, Noosa Yoghurt, in my favorite flavor, coconut.      This stuff is amazing and one of my food splurges.  I just reviewed their website and see that there are numerous new flavors that are not currently available in my grocery store.  I hope they come soon because I'm intrigued by flavors like blackberry serrano, salted caramel, and pumpkin.  YUM!

I don't think I'd want ice cream by itself for breakfast, but I could see it with waffles or pie.  Apple pie, to be specific.  

No comments:

Post a Comment