Thursday, February 25, 2016

National Chili Day and Louis Vuitton Dog Sweater

National Chili Day

I'm a big fan of all sorts of chili and enjoy experimenting with different flavors and ingredients.  To celebrate this National Chili Day, I went with a traditional Texas Bowl of Red.  It's been simmering in my Le Creuset Dutch Over for a couple hours now, and the smell is divine.  I have resisted the urge to add tomatoes and other vegetables in order to maintain the integrity of a true Texas Bowl of Red.

This is a super-easy chili to make and doesn't take much in the way of ingredients -- beef chuck cut in cubes, beef broth, spices and thickener.  The only thing I bought at the store was the beef.  Many Texas Red Chili recipes use masa harina as one of the thickeners.  I didn't have any on hand so substituted a couple chopped up fresh corn tortillas, which is masa harina that's been made into a tortilla.

It's another hour before the chili is ready, so I'll enjoy the smells while watching Grey's Anatomy.  By the time Scandal starts, it will be time to break out the toppings.  What to choose?  Cheese, sour cream, chopped onions, jalepenos, avocado -- some or all?  Of course, tortilla chips will be on the side.

Louis Vuitton Dog Sweater



A mini-daschund living in Florida is named Louis Vuitton.  This LV dog sweater is on the way to his home.  I hope Louis and his owner enjoy it!

Once again, graph paper to the rescue.  In order to knit a good representation of the iconic LV logo, I looked at multiple logo images, then sketched out the logo on graph paper.  By now, I know what size monograms and motifs fit on the back of dog sweaters, so I have a working area with which to design.  

No comments:

Post a Comment