Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Fat Tuesday


Fat Tuesday

This is a day that is celebrated by many across the world, but has not been a part of my holiday celebrations.  Someday, I'll make it down to New Orleans as it is one of the well-known cities in the US I have not visited.  I doubt I'll go for Mardi Gras, though . . . 

The colors and food associated with the holiday are festive and fun.  When I was creating my first series of holiday garlands, I included a colorful skull garland because I thought it could be used for a variety of celebrations, including Mardi Gras.  It continues to be one of my favorite decorative garlands.  


Today, I finished up my peacock feathers so they are waiting for the tea cozy body.  I really like these motifs and am wondering what else can be made with them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment